Take some time to transcribe PyCon 2014 talks! Click on the "Share" button below the video and then "Subtitle" to get started.
Views can be Classy!
An overview of what class-based views (CBVs) are, which ones are available, and how to use them in your projects. I'll also cover creating mixins, where function-based views still make sense, and how to test CBVs. As part of this, I'll be covering my django-braces (https://crate.io/packages/django-braces/) package.
It seems like most people in the Django community either don't have any idea how class-based views work or are scared to try them out. I want to help with a solid introduction to the technology.
- The usual "who I am" bit.
- Most other things in Django are classes.
- even templates
- Views should be classes, too.
- What view classes are provided by Django.
- How to create your own mixins to clean up pain points
- Where function-based views are still handy.
- Example CBVs for common use cases
- handling form input for more than one form
- serving different content based on users